UP Shocker: Five-Year-Old Boy Killed Using Sharp Weapon in Sultanpur

  • India
  • December 19, 2024
  • 0 Comments

Sultanpur (UP): A five-year-old boy was found dead, with his throat slit using a sharp weapon, in Uttar Pradesh’s Sultanpur district on Thursday, police said.

The incident took place in Gosainganj area when the was found dead in an abandoned building, just 100 metres away from his home, they said.

According to the police, Akhil, son of Arvind from Sonwatara village, had been missing since Wednesday afternoon. Family members launched a search but could not find him.

A missing person’s report was registered earlier based on a complaint lodged by the child’s grandfather, Poornwasi, a police officer said.

On Thursday morning his body was found with marks on his neck indicating injuries inflicted with a sharp weapon, in a dilapidated house of a villager named Shyam Lal, he said.

Police along with forensic experts and a dog squad reached the spot and began investigation, he said.

Akhil was in class one and his father works at private company, the officer added. 

“We are conducting a thorough investigation. The body has been sent for post-mortem and further action will be taken once the family files a formal complaint,” Station House Officer Akhilesh Singh said.

Further details are awaited as the investigation progresses, he said. 

With PTI Inputs

  • Related Posts

    Maharashtra Freedom of Religion Act Comes Into Force August 28: 7-Year Jail, Rs 5 Lakh Fine For Unlawful Conversions

    New Delhi: The Maharashtra Freedom of Religion Act, 2026, will go into effect on August 28, after the state government published the legislation in the official gazette. The rule would apply to all religious communities and establishes a legal framework to address charges of ille Read More

    Red Fort Blast Accused Jasir Bilal Wani Remains In Custody As High Court Rejects Bail Plea

    Srinagar: Delhi High Court on Tuesday refused to grant default bail to Jasir Bilal Wani alias Danish, accused in the 2025 Red Fort car bomb blast, ruling that he was not entitled to relief after 90 days of custody. A bench of Justices Prathiba M Singh and Vikas Mahajan dismissed Read More

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *