One Person Is Not Responsible For This: Nani On Allu Arjun’s Arrest

  • India
  • December 13, 2024
  • 0 Comments

New Delhi: Telugu actor Nani on Friday came out in support of his contemporary Allu Arjun after the “Pushpa 2: The Rule” star was arrested in connection with a woman’s death at a promotional event of the movie.

Earlier in the day, Arjun was taken into custody amid tight security from his residence and taken to Chikkadpally police station in a police vehicle.

A 35-year-old woman died and her eight-year-old son has been hospitalised in the incident which took place on December 4 night when a large number of fans thronged the Sandhya theatre in Hyderabad to have a glimpse of the actor.

In a post on social media platform X, Nani said, “I wish the kind of enthusiasm government authorities and media show in anything related to people from cinema was also there for the regular citizens. We would have lived in a better society.” Referring to the December 4 incident, the actor said it was “unfortunate” and “heart breaking”.

“We should all learn from the disaster and be lot more careful here after and introduce measures to make sure this doesn’t happen again. We are all at fault here. One person is not responsible for this,” he said.

The city police have registered a case against Allu Arjun, his security team, and the theatre management under sections 105 and 118(1) of Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) at the Chikkadpally police station based on the complaint lodged by the deceased woman’s family.

Arjun on December 11 approached the Telangana High Court seeking to quash the FIR registered against him in connection with the death of a woman.

After the formal arrest, Arjun was taken to state-run Gandhi Hospital for medical tests.

A senior police official told media persons that he will be produced in a local court. 

  • Related Posts

    Cannot Afford To Keep India At Arm’s Length: Why Bangladesh Needs India More Than Ever As Tarique Rahman Eyes August 21-26 Visit

    Dhaka: Speculation is mounting in both New Delhi and Dhaka over whether Bangladesh Prime Minister Tarique Rahman will make his first visit to India between August 21 and 26, and whether he will use the trip to attend next month’s BRICS Summit. The chatter has grown after a series Read More

    ‘First Step Done, CBI Probe Pending’: Students React To JSSC-CGL Cancellation

    Ranchi: As the Jharkhand government agreed to aspirants’ demands and cancelled the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level (JSSC-CGL) examination, State Minister Dipika Pandey on Monday assured students of reforms to strengthen the examination system and en Read More

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *